Igor Leonidovich Trunov (1961, Kartaly, RSFSR) is a Russian politician, lawyer, legal expert, Chairman of All-Russian Political Party "Democratic Legal Russia", Chairman of the Presidium of "Trunov, Ivar and Partners" Bar Council of Moscow. Chairman of Moscow Red Cross, Chairman of the Union of Lawyers of Russia. Head of the Department of Legal Issues of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences. Deputy Head of the International Union of Lawyers.
Igor Trunov was born in 1961 in the town of Kartaly of Chelyabinsk Oblast.
He graduated from Moscow State Corresponding Institute of Food Production in 1991. Trunov worked as the Deputy Head of Economic Board of the Russian Presidential Executive Office since 1991.
He graduated from the post-graduate studies of Moscow State Corresponding Institute of Food Production and presented a thesis on the following topic: "Reserves of Utilization of Production Capacities in Sugar Industry" with a specialization in "Economics, Planning and Organization of the National Economy Management and Its Branches". He was awarded with a degree of the Candidate of Economic Sciences.
Igor graduated from the Legal Department of Krasnodar University Kuban State University in 1998.
In 2001, he presented a thesis on the following theme: "Modern Problems of Defense of Civil Rights inCriminal Proceedings" with a specialization in "Criminal Proceeding, Criminal Science and Forensic Examination" and "Operational-Investigative Activity" in Moscow Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for Fighting Organized Crime.
In the beginning of 2000s, he joined United Russia Party and headed the social program "Lawyers for Moscow Inhabitants". On February 28, 2009, he became the head of Moscow Department of Right Cause party, created in November, 2008 on the basis of Democratic Party of Russia, Civilian Power and Union of Right Forces.
In 2011, Igor created the All-Russian Social Movement for Promotion of Democracy "Democratic Legal Russia". In 2013, the All-Russian Social Movement was transformed into "Democratic Legal Russia" Political Party.
On December 19, 2009 under the authority of Trunov, the International Christian Constituent Conference for creating the social movement of "Defenders of Orthodox Christians named after Dmitry Donskoy" took place in Danilovsky Hotel Complex of Danilov Stavropegial Monastery .Danilov Monastery According to the Chairman of the International Christian Constituent Conference Igor Trunov, "working under the authority of Russian Orthodox Church as well as ministration and defense of the interests of Russian Orthodox Church and Orthodoxy in the world is the sense of the existence of this Organization in Russia".
In 2014, he became the Chairman of Moscow City Department of Russian Red Cross.
He knows English and French languages.
He is married and has five chеildren.
Participation in famous cases
- Act of Terrorism. Explosions of resiential buildings in Moscow and Volgodonsk. The explosions took place on September 9 and 13, 1999. 1742 people were injured, 243 killed, 3000 people were recognized as affected.
- Act of Terrorism on Dubrovka. "Nord-Ost" On October 23, 2002 at 9.15pm, the gunmen in camouflage gear rushed into the building of the Theatre Center on Dubrovka on Melnikov Street (former Cultural Center of the State Bearing Plant). There was a performance of "Nord-Ost" Nord-Ost Musical at that time; there were over 700 people in the audience hall. The use of unknown gas during the counter-terrorism operation resulted in 130 deaths
- Act of Terrorism. The explosions near Rizhskaya Underground Station and at the run line between Avtozavodskaya and Paveletskaya Stations, 2004. Protection of interests of victims. February 6, 2004. The run linebetween Avtozavodskaya and Paveletskaya Stations. An explosive device went off in the second car. On August 31, 2004, the suicide bomber made the explosion near the entrance to Rizhskaya Station. Two bombs killed 51 people, over 300 people were injured.
- The tragic death of Sergei Bodrov (junior) and the camera crew in the Karmadon Gorge. On September 20, 2002 in the Karmadon Gorge, Republic of Ossetia, there was a flow of surging glacier Kolka. It resulted in the damage of over 50 houses, some tourist camps, restaurants, road, etc. Over 16 people were killed in this tragedy. 132 people went missing. Living environment of over 1000 people was disturbed. There was a significant property damage. Sergey Bodrov (junior) ( "The Brother", "The Brother-2" films) (born in 1971), Timofey Nosik (born in 1978) and the whole camera crew was killed.
- Technogenic catastrophe. The roof collapse in Transvaal-Park Entertainment Center. On February 14, 2004, on St. Valentine’s Day, there was a collapse of reinforced-concrete cover roofing above the swimming pool and water rides in Transvaal-Park Entertainment Center. The catastrophe area amounted to 3000 sq.m. There were 400 people under the rubbles, 28 people were killed, over 100 people got seriously injured.
- Protection of victims of unlawful acts of the Major D.V. Evsyukov, former Head of the Office of Internal Affairs of "Tsaritsyno" Moscow District , On April 27, 2009 in the time periode from 12.30am to 1.20am, the Head of the Office of Internal Affairs of tsaritsyno Denis Evsyukov came to Ostrov Supermarket at the following address: 50 Shipilovskaya Street, Building1, Moscow. The police officer fired over 15 shots from his gun in the people outside and inside the supermarket. The unlawful acts of Evsyukov resulted in 3 deaths and 6 injured people.
- Act of Terrorism at Domodedovo Airport, 2011. Representing one of the victims.
- Protection of victims and relatives of people killed in plane crashes Irkutsk plane crash of 2006, Donetsk plane crash of 2006, Perm plane crash of 2008, Petrozavodsk-Karelia plane crash of 2011, Yaroslavl plane crash with Lokomotiv Ice Hockey Team of 2011.
Titles and regalia
- Candidate of economic sciences
- Doctor of legal sciences
- Chairman of All-Russian Political Party "Democratic Legal Russia" , "democratic legal Russia"
- Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences
- Member of the State Academy of the Republic of Serbia
- Head of the Legal Problems Department of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences
- Member of the "Russian Academy of Legal Sciences"
- National President of the International Association of Lawyers in the Russian Federation
- Member of the Management Board of the Russian Institute of Election Law
- Member of the "International Organization of Journalists"
- First Deputy Chairman of the Central Council of All-Russian Association of Owners of Civilian Weapons
- Deputy Head of the Main Legal Department of the "Great Cossack Brotherhood"
- Expert of the "International Counter-Terrorism Training Association"
- Deputy Chairman of the International Union of Lawyers
- Acting Member of the International Association of Comparative Law
- President of the Union of Lawyers of Russia
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board at the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers
- Chairman of the "International Scientific and Educational Consulting Analytical Center of Lawyers of the International Union of Lawyers"
- Professor of the Department of Legal Sciences of Moscow State University of Culture and Art
- Chairman of the Presidium of "Trunov, Ivar and Partners" 
- Honorable Lawyer of Russia
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board V of the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation
- Igor Trunov was awarded by the President with an honorable nominal gun for his merits.
- The Top Order of Justice and the Order of Justice of I Degree of the International Association of Lawyers.
- Silver Medal named after F.N. Plevako of 2003 for the great professional achievements, significant contribution to the development of Russian lawyers, and intelligent training of trainees and young specialists.
- He was awarded with a gold medal of the President of Serbia.
- Honorable Cross "For the merits to the Russian Kozakdom".
- Medal of the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers "For the merits to the protection of rights and freedoms of citizens".
- Civilian Order "Public Recognition" Silver Star.
- Anniversary medal of the Red Cross - for active participation in the activities of the Red Cross, the establishment of the ideals of humanism and mercy.
- His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and All Russia, for his attention to the efforts to strengthen the spiritual and moral foundations, awarded the Order of the Russian Orthodox Church of Saint Blessed Prince Daniel of Moscow.
- The Supreme Order of Justice and the Order of Justice of the 1st degree, the World Association of Jurists - for significant contribution to peacekeeping activities by legal methods, as well as active scientific and human rights activities.
- The silver medal. F.N. Plevako for his high achievements in professional work and a significant contribution to the development of the Russian Bar.
- The Medal of the Federal Chamber of Advocates of Russia "For merits in the protection of human rights and freedoms"
- Moscow Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs
- "Democratic Legal Russia" official site.
- Moscow Red Cross
- "Moscow Lawyer and Moscow Red Cross Chairman Says West's Concerns about 'Humanitarian' Convoys Are Legitimate". Russia Update. Interpreter Magazine. December 27, 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "Russia opens criminal case against Domodedovo owners over 2011 terror attack". Russian Legal Information Agency. June 8, 2015. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "Trunov, Aivar and partners" Igor Trunov biography on the official site. Bar Council of Moscow